Washington Hands and Voices is hosting a workshop to increase Washington State’s cohort of parent leaders. This workshop is designed for parents and caregivers of Deaf, Deaf/Blind, Hard of Hearing and Deaf Plus children who have a diverse background that wish to gain knowledge and skills in order to engage in leadership activities. Leadership activities may include:
- Participate as equal partner on an advisory committee
- Engage in local systems of care (medical, early Intervention, education systems) to increase family awareness and access to supports and services
- Be on a board
- Be on a work group to improve systems of care or offer parent supports
- Facilitate or co-facilitate events for families
- and more!
Sunday, November 19, 2017
Seattle Children’s Hospital
Presented by parents: Kim Arthur and Christine Griffin
* It is recommended that participants have some experience in community level leadership. (This is not an entry level leadership training.)
* Parent stipends are available.
For more information or registration contact Washington Hands & Voices at email@example.com or (425) 268-7087.