Washington Sensory Disabilities Services (WSDS) is collaborating with Central Michigan University (CMU) to provide training and a credential for becoming a deafblind intervener.
The training, which runs from Fall 2020 to Spring 2021, includes:
- Online course of study, hosted by faculty at CMU
- Coaching and consultation from a WSDS Deafblind Project mentor
- WSDS will provide a limited number of scholarships covering tuition costs for WA State professionals
- CMU Program Flier (PDF)
Scholarship Candidates will need:
- To provide one-to-one support to a child with deafblindness
- Have the support of administrators and the child’s educational team to participate in the training
- Complete WSDS scholarship application
- Ask your supervisor/administrator to write a letter of support and email to Katie Humes before Friday, May 22.
- Commit to complete the course of study, including all assignments
- Participate in three onsite coaching sessions with WSDS Deafblind Project mentor
*2019-2020 scholarships have closed. Applications for the 2021-2022 school year will open Spring 2021 – please check back.